Monday 11 May 2015

Week 10 and 11 - Travels

This topic took 2 weeks rather than the usual one, the reason being some job opportunities opened up and I felt it necessary to apply.

According to the story the Prince "left the forest, and walked by beaten and unbeaten paths ever onwards until at length he reached a great city." This opened up so many possibilities.
Did the Prince find ancient ruins on snowy mountain tops? Maybe he wandered through massive jungles with outlandish plant life?

In my thumbnails I wanted to show both the travels and the great city. These could be natural landscapes or could have more man-made structures in them.
I wanted the great city to contrast the castle the Prince was born in. I felt a more steampunk/ industrial feeling was appropriate. 




Looking at my portfolio regularly, I could see that it was lacking in some colour.


The bottom right thumbnail was one of my preferences.
I made a conscious effort to add a variety of colours into my thumbnails to see what would work well together.
For my final image, I wanted to attempt a portrait environment rather than a landscape. I wanted the great city to contrast the castle the Prince was born in and I felt a more steampunk/ industrial feeling was appropriate. I wanted to create something monumental that would dwarf the characters. In order to emphasise this, I wanted to go for more of a portrait environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment